Equicast was created to serve as an easy to apply cast for a horse’s hoof. It assists with structural wall integrity and sole failure. What makes it a good solution?
Equicast® adds wear protection and support to the entire hoof capsule. Not to be confused with orthopedic casting, Equicast has a much higher resin content, which helps with greater wear resistance.
- Equicast has a special weave pattern which allows Equicast to best form to the shape to the hoof.
- It adds support to the entire hoof capsule.
- Casting creates a banding effect as well as adding vertical integrity to the whole hoop capsule.
- Equicast's substrate design and wrapping process adds vertical integrity and lateral stability to the whole hoof capsule, which assists in a sustainable and dynamic support structure.
- Equicast wrapping methods have been developed to assist nature in effectively restoring healthy hooves and the proper biomechanics necessary for sustainable and healthy growth
Available in 3 sizes:
- 2" x 4 Yards - For horses up to 1100 pounds
- 3" x 4 Yards - For horses from 1100 - 1300 pounds
- 4" x 5 Yards - For horses over 1300 pounds
Want to know more about Equicast? The Hoof Trimmer Supply team can help you HERE.